Wednesday, August 15, 2007

"Bringing it all back home..."

After a weekend on a "legendary" trout stream I have come away with this:
-We fought crowds
-Gave those in RVs the finger
-Drank some Mexican beer
-Saw some big fish
-Fished a dry (when we knew it wouldn't produce shit)
-Broke out the heavy artillery streamers
-didn't land a fish till the second day

What bothered me most was seeing the "tourist" dressed up and clinging to the only thing that made them feel remotely comfortable:
The General Store

Frustration put a chip on my shoulder for most of the weekend. I was ready to declare the river OVERRATED. But oh how my better half can shine light on my negativity:
She reminds me constantly what it is all about.... why we love it.... why we lay awake at night thinking about it.
She helped me remember what its all about.

It's Just Fishing.....

Rasta dog gets some lovin:


Ready for a siesta:


Wild and Native.


I respect you.

No comments: