Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Portland. Beer Town USA?........ Revisited.



Jackson has called me out on this one. When we wrote this the first time soon after moving to Portland we thought we knew what good beer was after trying the obvious beers that were found in stores. I didn't know shit. Jackson's super k-9 senses have sniffed out some incredible breweries and delicious brews since then.....
P.S. Just go to these breweries.

Some of our recommendations:
1)Amnesia Brewery: Copacetic IPA
2)Laurelwood: Amber
3)Alameda Brewhouse: Klickitat Pale Ale
4)Lucky Lab Brewery: Black Lab Stout (Jackson's Favorite)
5)*Hopworks: IPA
(I am not sure what it is called.... the brewery opens this fall in SE Portland.... I have only had their IPA at the organic brewfest, and portland brew festival. Insane.)

Cheers!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love beer. You should check out Oktoberfest in Mt. Angel Sept. 13-16. It costs a bit but is worth it if your a fan of German beer and Brats.
-alex