Sunday, March 18, 2007

Fall River


I spent the last week carefully watching the weather around Oregon. My intention was to camp with Jackson and get away for the weekend. Oh yeah..... and to fish. The truck was packed Friday night.... and by 6 am the next morning it was pointed towards Bend. The weather was predicted to be..... PERFECT. It was.


I chose to fish the fall river for one reason: I saw a picture of it in a book.... and it just looked like a river I would fall in love with. The Fall has the most amazing clarity I have ever seen in a river which scared me at first....



Order of the Day:
1) Pound the fallen trees with streamers
2) Long tippets and tiny flies



Fish On!!!!!



When camping, make sure you bring good companions:
1)Dog
2)Tasty Beer

Jackson


Scott Lays is down?


Ok... Back to the fishing:
On the second day I found a meadow portion of the Fall loaded with willing fish. They had no problems with my BWO comparadun, this water was really clear as well, but a long tippet helped my shitty presentations to the fish. I was even able to set the hook and land fish. I usually can do everything right up until the setting the hook part. But it all came together for me this weekend. Things are looking up.

The weekend went by too fast and I am now thinking ahead to my next trip. I did find an interesting portion of the river that has peaked my curiosity. A local was telling me Browns stack up below these falls during a certain time of year. It has already been marked on my calendar.