Sunday, February 18, 2007

Looking Up.


The lady was in town for the weekend, the fishing didn't pan out cause the river was the color of overstirred chocolate. But I didn't mind at all. We will be spending an extended weekend at the Metolius come spring and the timing will coincide with the Green drake hatch. We hope. After dropping her off at the airport... I decided to keep my mind busy by tying up some patterns for our trip to the Met. I have never fished the Met..... I am looking forward to it, and I read these are finicky fish.

I'll be kickin like a true yupee during this certain weekend cause the family will be there and my old man likes to be pampered on fishing trips. I can't complain.... moms cookin, an actuall bed in a cabin, great beer, and jackson will be getting extra attention. Life is good..... when the river is just out your front door.

1 comment:

4 said...

Good luck on the Metolius. I've fished there w/ some serious folks and don't have much to show for it. We were fishing for dinosaurs though -- bull trout on the biggest streamers in the box.