Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Portland. Beertown USA?


Since my recent move to PDX I have decide to learn me up on a few things. Portland has challenged me in many ways. I can now say that I welcome the rain.... it completes a necessary cycle. But I must note 2 important things I have decided to focus on:
1.Anadromous fish.
2.Oregon Brews.

The fishing has toyed w/ my emotions and the learning curve has tested my wits. Its like learning how to fish all over again. I love it.

The beer.... it has been nicer to me. I still enjoy the PBR and keep it in my fridge religiously... but the oregon brews are the best I have had. This city seems to be rooted in DIY and local pride. Every purchase I make at the beer store has me searching for something new... but it must be made in Oregon. My only requirement.
Props:
-Bridgeport IPA
-Amnesia ESB
-McMenamins Terminator
-Deschutes Brewery Mirrorpond
-Full Sail Wassail
-Rogue Dead Guy Ale & Hazelnut Brown Nectar

So many more......

2 comments:

mijo said...

mirrorpond is weak.

Sir Jackson said...

really? any other reccomendations